Alpha-based assays (AlphaLISA®, AlphaScreen®, SureFire®) are growing in popularity. Alpha detection is available on BioTek's Synergy 2 and Synergy H4, as well as on the new dedicated Synergy 2 Alpha.
Synergy 2 Alpha is a microplate reader dedicated to the life science research applications of Alpha-based assay technologies (e.g. AlphaScreen®, AlphaLISA®, SureFire®). Its unique optical design makes it the most cost-effective Alpha reader on the market. In addition, Synergy 2 Alpha can be upgraded with other detection modes, such as UV-visible absorbance, fluorescence intensity, luminescence and more to accommodate a broad range of microplate applications. Whether you are looking for a dedicated Alpha reader, or a high-performance multimode reader, Synergy 2 Alpha has been designed to meet your needs.
Gen5 Data Analysis Software
BioTek’s new Gen5™ software offers a logical interface designed to easily flow from reading parameters, to plate layout, to powerful data reduction, and finally to flexible data output options. The results of this intuitive design, including the exclusive StepWise™ protocol and data reduction tools and the power of Gen5's data reduction, will be evident in increased laboratory efficiency.
BioStack3 Microplate Stacker
BioStack3 is the fastest stacker available to integrate with BioTek microplate instruments including washers, dispensers and readers. The new design allows compact, walk-away automation for benchtop or laboratory enclosure use.
|Detection mode||AlphaScreen®, AlphaLISA®, SureFire®|
|Read method||End-point, kinetic, well-area scanning|
|Microplate types||1- to 384-well plates|
|Maximum Plate Height||1.20" (30.5 mm)|
|Temperature control||4°C above ambient to 65°C ± 0.5°C at 37°C|
Control through USB or serial port
|Light source||Tungsten Halogen Lamp|
|Sensitivity||100 amol of biotinylated-LCK-P peptide, 25 µL/well in 384-well plate|
|Dynamic range||>6 decades|
|Reading speed||2 minutes typical for 96-well plate|
|Detection system||Ultra Low Noise PMT|
|Dimensions||17"W x 20.9"D x 15"H (43.5 x 53.1 x 38.1 cm)|
|Weight||55 lbs (25 kg)|
|Regulatory||CE and TUV marked. In Vitro Diagnostic use models are available.|
- Low cost / high performance Alpha optics combines Tungsten Halogen light source with ultra low noise PMT detector.
- Comes with pre-programmed protocol files, sample data, and detailed application notes
- Proven sensitivity: limit of detection <100 amol of biotinylated-LCK-P peptide, 25 µL/well in 384-well plate, on par with dedicated laser-based detection systems
- Ideal for life science research applications of Alpha-based assays
- Upgradeable to Multi-Mode functionality: available detection modules include UV-Visible absorbance, fluorescence intensity, luminescence, fluorescence polarization, time-resolved fluorescence and dual reagent dispenser.