Monochromator-based Multi-Mode Microplate Readers
Monochromator systems provide ease of use, flexibility and cover a broad range of applications out of the box. Synergy H1m is the best value monochromator-based multi-mode reader on the market, while Synergy Mx is the best choice if you need advanced features and performance.
Ultra Fine-Tuned™ technology is what sets the Synergy Mx Multi-Mode Reader apart. Its quadruple monochromator system selects wavelengths with a repeatability of plus or minus 0.2 nm. Its top optical head can focus up and down on the samples with a 100 µm resolution. Four slits on the excitation and emission side provide a choice of 16 bandpass combinations for every wavelength pair. Its advanced 4-Zone™ temperature control system incubates up to 65°C with a precision of ± 0.5°C at 37°C. These unique features and BioTek’s exclusive focus on microplate instrumentation and software make the Synergy Mx the most precise, sensitive and flexible multi-mode microplate reader available today for life-science research applications.
Gen5 Data Analysis Software
BioTek’s new Gen5™ software offers a logical interface designed to easily flow from reading parameters, to plate layout, to powerful data reduction, and finally to flexible data output options. The results of this intuitive design, including the exclusive StepWise™ protocol and data reduction tools and the power of Gen5's data reduction, will be evident in increased laboratory efficiency.
BioStack3 Microplate Stacker
BioStack3 is the fastest stacker available to integrate with BioTek microplate instruments including washers, dispensers and readers. The new design allows compact, walk-away automation for benchtop or laboratory enclosure use.
|Detection mode||Fluorescence, UV-Visible Absorbance, Luminescence, Time-Resolved Fluorescence (secondary mode)|
|Read method||End point, kinetic, spectral scanning, well-area scanning|
|Microplate types||1- to 384-well plates and PCR plates
Compatible with Take3 Multi-Volume Plate with 2 µL microspots
|Temperature control||4°C above ambient to 65°C +0.5°C at 37°C|
Control through USB or serial port
|Light source||High Energy Xenon Flash|
|Wavelength selection||Double Monochromator|
|Wavelength range||230 - 999 nm, 1 nm increment|
|Bandpass||2 nm (230-285 nm), 4 nm (>285 nm)|
|Dynamic range||0 - 4.0 OD|
|Monochromator wavelength accuracy||+2 nm|
|Monochromator wavelength repeatability||+0.2 nm|
|OD accuracy||<1% at 2.0 OD typical|
|OD linearity||<1% from 0 to 3.0 OD typical|
|OD repeatability||<0.5% at 2.0 OD typical|
|Reading speed||96 wells: 11 seconds
384 wells: 22 seconds
|Sensitivity||Fluorescein 2 pM typical (0.2 fmol/well 384-well plate) (Top)
Fluorescein 2.5 pM typical (0.25 fmol/well 384-well plate) (Bottom)
|Light source||High Energy Xenon Flash|
|Wavelength selection||Double grating monochromators (Top and Bottom)|
|Wavelength range||250-850 nm|
|Dynamic range||5 decades|
|Bandpass||Variable: 9, 13.5, 17, 20 nm|
|Detection system||Dedicated red shifted PMT|
|Reading speed||96: 11 seconds
384: 22 seconds
|Sensitivity||10 amol ATP typical (flash)|
|Wavelength range||300 - 700 nm|
|Dynamic range||>6 decades|
|Detection system||Low noise PMT|
|Number||2 syringe pumps|
|Dispense volume||5 - 1000 µL in 1 µL increment|
|Dead volume||1.1 mL, 100 µL with back flush|
|Power||250 Watts max|
|Dimensions||17"W x 20.9"D x 15"H (43.5 x 53.1 x 38.1 cm)|
|Weight||70 lbs (31.5 kg)|
|Regulatory||CE and TUV marked. In Vitro Diagnostic use models are available.|
- Fully monochromator-based with quadruple grating architecture for Ultra Fine-Tuned performance.
- Compatible with Take3 Micro-Volume Plate: sixteen 2 µL microspots for low volume DNA/RNA 260 nm measurements. Saves precious samples, very fast and simple process.
- High performance fluorescence (top and bottom), absorbance and dedicated luminescence detection systems accommodate all life-science research microplate applications.
- Variable bandpass selection adds flexibility in fluorescence mode.
- Automated Z-height adjustment accommodates variable microplate heights and liquid levels with 100 μm resolution.
- Cuvette port to measure standard 1-cm path cuvettes if only a few samples need to be run, or to compare data with a standard cuvette spectrophotometer.
- Modular architecture allows purchase of required modes with the ability to upgrade later.
- Optional dual-reagent dispenser can be used for assays requiring precise timing such as ion channel assays or luminescent flash ATP assays.