UV PCR Cabinets and Workstations
UVP offers a complete line of UV PCR systems for control of PCR contamination. Two styles are available: standard UV PCR and HEPA/UV PCR systems. Two sizes are available: cabinets have smaller work areas than the workstations.
UV HEPA PCR Systems:
Multi-featured equipment for eliminating PCR contamination! PCR equipment brings together UV irradiation and antimicrobial stainless steel to create a dual-attack environment against PCR contamination. HEPA/UV PCR models feature a four-stage filter assembly plus UV to eliminate contamination. Two sizes are available: cabinet and workstation.
- A 30-minute timer sets shortwave UV exposure to decontaminate apparatus and work chamber for specific times
- A safety shut-off switch automatically turns the ultraviolet light off when the door is op
- Built-in power outlets allow operation of equipment for use in PCR applications
- HEPA (high efficiency energy particulate) filter blocks particles down to 0.3 microns
- Carbon filter (activated charcoal) eliminates gases, odor, smoke and also reduces ozone to improve microarray data quality
UV PCR Systems:
UV PCR Equipment brings together UV irradiation and antimicrobial stainless steel to create a dual-attack environment against PCR contamination. Choose from cabinet or workstation. The cabinet features a smaller work area than the workstation.
- Control potential PCR contamination with the built-in UV for inactivation of DNA between experiments
- The 254nm shortwave UV source positioned as overhead UV; select models include UV air recirculator to circulate the UV decontaminated air
- UV is controlled with a key switch and 30-minute timer to decontaminate apparatus and chamber with the shortwave UV
- The shortwave ultraviolet irradiation can be used as a standard laboratory practice to reduce surface and airborne contaminants in the chamber
- The workstation is designed for placement of large instruments on the work area or tubes, flasks and pipettes on the two removable shelves